Hello Again! We have been away from any internet connections for a few days, so we will catch up slowly. We left Jordi’s house Sunday night, and arrived in Zurich Monday morning. We had a great time—I want to go back! We were able to do a tour of the city and surrounding areas. We saw the beautiful old city, took a ferry on Lake Zurich, and rode a cable car up the mountain in a neighboring town called Horgen. The view from the top of the mountain was incredible. The day was sunny and warm—it was a beautiful experience. We bought enough souvenirs and gifts to fill two suitcases! It was so fun to be in the city that my ancestors are from. I can only imagine how desolate the Salt Lake Valley looked to them after leaving Switzerland. It strengthened my faith to be there—I really felt like they made the journey with me. Who wants to go back with me? Tuesday morning we took the bus to the nearby town of Kilchberg where we visited the Lindt and Sprungli Chocolate factory. We didn’t know exactly where to go when we got off the bus, but we did the smart thing and followed our noses. If only I could bottle the smell. . . We started walking the wrong direction and immediately could tell because the smell got weaker! My Great-Grandmother worked at the factory for years to earn enough money to come to the US. It was so neat to be there. Tuesday afternoon we took the train to Strasbourg, France. More on that in the next blog. We fly home in the morning, so Au Revoir!
**Benjamin and Mary, we will see you very soon! We love you!





The Real reason Laura went to Europe


1 comment:
I'm jealous of your fun trip! I hope you made it home safe and sound. We need to chat soon :)
Post a Comment