Family Fun

Family Fun

Sunday, October 19, 2008

Terrassa and Barcelona

Hello again. Last night we were able to travel to downtown Barcelona and see the city by night. We left Jordi’s house at 9:30 pm. I don’t remember the last time I left the house that late on a Saturday night for anything other than a quick trip to get milk before Sunday—have I gotten boring? Anyway, we had a great time. It is such an amazing experience to be somewhere with such a rich history. We saw a museum that had an exhibit celebrating 1000 years of art. That’s a little more history than you will find in California. Today we were able to have a “typical” Sunday breakfast—Spanish churros that you eat after dipping them in hot chocolate pudding. It reminded me of all the toast and cocoa I ate on Sunday evenings as a kid—Neil can no longer think I’m weird for doing that! We were able to attend church in the Terrassa Ward. Every time I attend church in a different country I am reminded of how the Gospel is the same—the Lord loves all his children individually, and his blessings are extended to all. Neil was able to understand the meeting—I understood that people were talking, but that was about it. I loved singing the hymns in Spanish—the only unfortunate thing was that while I was singing I thought of Mrs. Boom (7th grade Spanish) and how she would be pleased I actually knew how to pronounce the words. After church, Jordi picked us up and took us to many cultural events. We saw Catalan dancing, some Gigantes in a parade, and the building of human castles. He said the only thing we missed on our trip was seeing fire runners—I guess we will have to come back. This has been an amazing stop in our journey. I am in a constant state of amazement at the beauty and history of this beautiful world. Next stop—Zurich! We love you all. Thanks for keeping up with us. Note: The computer is being obnoxious about the pictures--sorry for the random order.
***Benjamin and Mary,
Jordi bought you some presents—you are going to love them! We miss you and can’t wait to see you.













3 comments:

Jared and Allyson said...

It looks like you guys are seeing a ton of stuff and really experiencing the culture - Good for you! I'm also glad to hear that you're getting to eat foods from all of these places. Jared & I are convinced that a good portion of an international traveling experience is trying their foods! :) Enjoy!

Cecily said...

Hey, Guys!
I am so jealous of this fabulous trip you're having. Hope you're having enough fun to last you a few years till the next grand adventure. Wait, with kids it's a constant adventure, right? But somehow my little domestic sphere has paled this week as I've followed you through Europe. Thanks for sharing with us!
Love you guys! Cecily and the family

Lexie said...

I love reading about your adventures and seeing the beautiful pictures. I'm totally cracking up that you thought about Mrs. Boom. For the unique person she is, she sure left a mark on each of us. I can't think about French without thinking of her either! Happy Trails!